Commercial Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems:
Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems are a wise solution for commercial and large residential buildings that demand higher efficiency, individualized control and installation flexibility.
VRF is a technology in which one outdoor unit is connected with multiple indoor units, and the flow of refrigerant is automatically moved from one zone to another to efficiently transfer heat away from areas needing cooling and into areas needing heating. The refrigerant is conditioned by the single outdoor condensing unit, and then is dispersed within the building to multiple indoor units such as air handling units (AHU), and fan-coil units (FCUs).
Below are the recommended VRF systems that R&R Heating & Air Conditioning suggests for commercial use.
Carrier - VRF
Carrier - Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems
Increased VRF Flexibility And Efficiency With A Decreased Footprint.
Looking for a 2- or 3-pipe system? Single-phase or three-phase power? And, what about heat recovery or heat pump? Different spaces have different needs. This is where variable refrigerant flow systems come in handy. VRF is easy to install, use and maintain. The entire system can be run from a central location or monitored remotely – perfect for a sprawling campus or a building with a range of heating and cooling needs. Timely alerts aid in maintaining the system and keeping it running at its most efficient.
A single VRF system can power up to 64 independent indoor units, depending on the system. This provides superior zoning because the refrigerant flow can vary from location to location, delivering only the necessary capacity to each zone.
Other features and benefits:
- Carrier is the only manufacturer in the marketplace that offers 2-and 3-pipe heat recovery systems to help better layout the system depending on your building layout design and needs.
- Smaller equipment means a smaller footprint. No dedicated maintenance rooms or service shafts required.
- Carrier offers longer pipe lengths and increased piping flexibility.
- VRF systems available from Carrier can be easily reconfigured as building needs change.
- Simultaneous heating and cooling allow you to heat and cool different rooms at the same time which minimizes energy loss and improves climate control.
- With VRF offered from Carrier, you can easily integrate a single-phase VRF and a three-phase to create one system without any additional controls.
- Unmatched Carrier support. Get the full experience and expertise of the Carrier support team behind you.
Carrier – Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems
Mitsubishi Electric - VRF
Mitsubishi Electric - CITY MULTI VRF
Mitsubishi Electric’s industry leading City Multi VRF technology is designed for today’s building needs. With emphasis placed on energy efficiency, adaptability, reliability and control, City Multi addresses the most current market issues. Utilising integrated air conditioning, hot water, ventilation and control solutions City Multi is the benchmark in VRF technology.
Using inverter technology, the VRF systems produce precise output, matching exact requirements of any building. Working efficiently to ensure no valuable energy is wasted by over-heating or over-cooling; greatly reducing running costs.
Mitsubishi Electric – CITY MULTI VRF