Illegal drugs and other controlled substance have become serious threats to the safety and productivity of employees in this Country. One indication of the magnitude of that that threat is legislation enacted by Congress known as the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. That statute places requirements on employers in maintaining workplaces free of drugs.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Department of Transportation Regulations, and in furtherance of our Company’s objective of having a safe and productive work place for our employees, customers and the general public, R & R Heating and A/C adopts the following Drug Policy consisting of four components, as follows:
- Drug-Free Awareness Program
- Company Rules and Discipline
- Testing of Applicants and Employees
- Rehabilitation Program
Drug Free Awareness Program
R&R Heating and Air Conditioning will implement a drug-free awareness program. Its purpose is to deter drug abuse by educating employees. This program will inform employees about:
- The danger of drug abuse in the workplace
- The contents of the this policy
- Available drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance programs
- The discipline that may be imposed upon employees for involvement with illegal drugs
The program may include communication measures that are suitable to the circumstances of the work unit, such as group meetings, newsletters, and videos, audio and written materials.