You may be shocked to learn all the benefits of whole-home humidifiers!
How many times has it happened to you – you walk across the room touch something, and ZAP! Static electricity problems are an indicator that the air in your home is too dry. Experts recommend your indoor relative humidity (RH) stay between 35% and 55%.
Top 4 Reasons To Consider A Humidifier
Healthier Living. In addition to causing annoying static electricity buildup, dry air can also lead to itchy skin, sore throats, and aggrivated allergy and asthma symptoms. Many viruses thrive in low humidity increasing the likelihood of catching colds, flu and upper respiratory ailments. Not to mention mold growth, which can become a hazardous problem in non climate-controled rooms and areas.
More Comfortable. There’s no doubt that we simply feel more comfortable in a home with proper relative humidity between 35% and 55%. In our Spokane and Coeur d’Alene climate, the longer cold-weather season can suck the moisture out of the air and leave us feeling dry. Humidification fixes that and makes the air much more comfortable on the skin.
Protect hardwood flooring & furniture. Wood will tend to absorb the moisture in the air, and exposure to extreme changes in humidity can cause damage to your hardwood flooring and any wood furniture in the room. An investment in a whole home humidification system is also an investment in protecting these valuable assets in your home.
Save Money On Energy Bills. Relative humidity goes a long way towards maintaining comfortable temperatures in a home. A properly humidified room feels warmer than a excessively dry room at the same temperature. This means with a home humidification system, you’re able to keep your thermostat turned down and save energy (and money).
Below are the recommended whole-home humidifiers that R&R Heating & Air Conditioning suggests for your home or office.
Aprilaire - 600 Humidifier
The Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifiers are a whole-home solution that helps you achieve total comfort through humidity control. The Model 600 uses the furnace blower to move air through a Water Panel.
– Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control. You never have to monitor your settings or wait until you feel uncomfortable.
– Provides vital service, temperature and relative humidity indicators in manual mode as well.
– Performs quietly with simple annual maintenance.
– Incorporates easy right or left discharge change-over.
Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifiers
Aprilaire - 800 Steam Humidifier
The Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifiers are a whole-home solution that helps you achieve total comfort through humidity control. As a steam model, the 865 complements non-forced air heating sources and other specialty heating systems.
– Runs independently of your HVAC system to accommodate larger homes (up to 6,200 square feet)
– Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
– Performs quietly and with simple maintenance. You only need to replace the canister.
– Has a capacity of 11.5, 16.0, 20.5, 23.3, and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw.
– Uses cold water, which may be hard, soft or softened.
Aprilaire Model 800 Steam Humidifiers