What Is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is essentially an air conditioner that can provide both heating and cooling. During cold months, heat pumps extract thermal energy from the air (or ground), compress it, and distribute it to your home to provide comfortable warm air. During the summer, the process is simply reversed, and the heat pump replaces the stuffy hot air inside your home with cozy cool air.
Some of the different types of heat pumps include:
– Air Source Electric Heat Pumps: Most common type of heat pump in our area – up to 300% efficiency. Heat is extracted from outdoor air and then distributed in the home through ducts in central air system. Process reversed for cooling during the summer. Unit sits outside home.
– Ground Source Heat Pumps (Geothermal): Up to 500% efficiency, the most efficient way to heat and cool a home. Heat is extracted from the earth and distributed to the home through ducts in a central air system. Process reversed for cooling during the summer. Can be configured for free hot water. Unit is ultra quiet, and sits indoors, meaning longer life cycle and fewer repairs needed. Extremely environmentally friendly.
– Ductless Mini Splits: Heating & cooling solution for one or multiple rooms. Requires no duct work. Heat is extracted from outdoor air. Unit sits outside home. Heat and cool only the rooms you need to.
How a Heat Pump Works
Benefits of Heat Pumps
– Most advanced and efficient heating and cooling system available
– Keeps your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer (no need to buy an AC!)
– Saves money on your monthly energy bills
– Expected lifespan of an average of 10-25 years (depending on the system you choose)
– Come in a variety of types and efficiency, so you can choose which one is best for your home
Trane - XR14 Heat Pumps
Get affordable heating and cooling with the durability you expect from Trane. The XR14 electric heat pump offers up to a 14 SEER rating on a matched air handler or furnace system.
The XR14’s electric heat pump’s SEER rating of up to 14.00 and HSPF of up to 8.20 make it an energy-efficient choice for home comfort.
Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and reliability.
Cleaner, healthier indoor air
Add Trane CleanEffects™ to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Trane – XR14 Heat Pumps
Trane - XLI Series
When you choose a Trane XLi heat pump, you’ll enjoy the highest level of energy efficient, clean comfort. XLi heat pumps are designed and engineered to meet rigid specifications, tested to assure excellent performance, and manufactured to last. Each model is designed to deliver exceptional reliability and energy efficiency all day, all night for years to come.
Trane XLi heat pumps range from 14 to 17 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and 8.8 to 9.2 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Standard), both exceeding the minimum efficiency ratings as established by the federal government. The higher the ratings, the more efficient the unit—and the more money you save! Trane Climatuff® compressors provide consistent, quiet performance for maximum comfort, and a Spine Fin™ outdoor coil maintains greater efficiency than industry-standard coils.
Trane – XLi Series Heat Pumps
Trane - XV18 & XV20
One of the industry’s most reliable heat pump units, the XV18 & XV20 variable speed systems have been tested to stand up to the elements, while running as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. These systems gives you peace of mind while lowering heating and cooling costs in your home.
The Trane TruComfort™ systems give you precise comfort by running at the exact speed needed to keep your home comfortable. This allows the variable speed compressor, outdoor fan, and indoor fan to vary operating speed and BTU as the temperature outside changes, slowing down or speeding up gradually in as little as 1/10 of 1% increments to keep comfort within 1/2° of the thermostat setting.
The XV18 electric heat pump is one of the industry’s most efficient systems, with ratings up to 18 SEER and 10 HSPF. The XV20 version is similar with a 20 SEER rating. Both come with Trane TruComfort™ technology, the system automatically adjusts itself while maintaining constant and consistent speeds to avoid temperature swings.
ComfortLink II communicating capability
ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (available when matched with communicating indoor units) connects all of your key components so your system automatically, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products.
Durable, Quiet, and Economical
Rigorously tortured and tested for long-lasting durability, you can be sure this system will hold up to anything, without holding up your bank account. And with the quiet running fan, 4 dB below our competitor’s minimum, you can be sure you are getting a quiet heat pump and the best all-around system for your home.
Trane – XR18 & XV20 Heat Pumps